Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Introduction

I’m Adam and I post on twitter under the username @chalicotherex. I’m hoping to use this blog to write at length about culture, politics and some of my personal obsessions, which include pleistocene rewilding, the chansons de geste, ad hominem attacks, dead white men and the dirtbag left.

Why the Sentinel Crab?

No reason. I was reading something else and stumbled upon the only extant line from Sophocles' lost satyr play, Amphiaraus, which goes, "the sentinel crab of this prophetic chorus..." 

It's been stuck in my head and it sounds cool. That's enough. Didn't want to overthink it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was a really dumb idea

 I haven't updated it in over a year. Sorry (apologizing to myself here, because no one is reading this).  I chose to go with a blog for...