Friday, March 26, 2021

Storygraph

I've been playing around a bit with the storygraph app after seeing it mentioned as an alternative to goodreads in the New Statesman.

I like how it graphs the moods and pace of the books you've read:





The left side has books I've marked as read and right is based on books I've marked as to read (based on imported data from goodreads). 

Turns out I like adventurous, reflective and dark moods and dislike inspiring, hopeful and relaxing moods. I like slower paced books more than faster paced ones, though not by much. Still, this is all very subjective, based on how people tag the books in question.

I'm probably not going to switch over from goodreads anytime soon. Storygraph's layout is rather clunky and with actual reviews downplayed there's even less of a feeling of community than on goodreads. Still, it would be nice to have an alternative to the now Amazon-owned book site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was a really dumb idea

 I haven't updated it in over a year. Sorry (apologizing to myself here, because no one is reading this).  I chose to go with a blog for...